Tuesday 12 May 2009

An apple a day...

Well today is National Nurses Day (Flo Nightingales Birthday), now in past years each ward has been delivered a cake. During a quiet period in the afternoon we would all stop for 5 mins for tea and cake. This year some bright spark, for whatever reason, decided instead of cake we would all get a piece of fruit ! It just wasn't the same.. I don't know whether to feel insulted (do they think we are all unhealthy ?) or grateful, (someone is thinking of our waistlines). But do me a favour, have cake on my birthday.
Anyway I had my eye on a nice red apple in the basket.. Mm an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Fat chance in this job. But it kind of worked, by mid afternoon the department was so quiet I was able to take a few hours annual leave..


Today's photo, sort of sticking with the health theme, is of an Apotheke in Salzburg, it is apparently one of the oldest pharmacy's in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment